Originally published on June 11, 2019 5:28 am
color:#2C2C2C">WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. (AP) A principal organizer of the Woodstock 50 festival says he and others are in discussions with another venue to host the event after Watkins Glen International pulled out.
Gregory Peck said organizers "look forward to sharing the new location when tickets go on sale in the coming weeks."
Earlier Monday, Watkins Glen issued a statement saying it had terminated the site license for the festival scheduled for Aug. 16-18.
The festival has faced a series of issues since a falling-out with backer Amplifi Live in April.
The festival announced last month that investment bank Oppenheimer & Co. had signed on as a financial adviser to pull money together.
The tentative lineup includes Jay-Z, Santana, Miley Cyrus, John Fogerty, Dead & Company and Imagine Dragons.
Copyright 2019 WXXI News. To see more, visit WXXI News